|Title:||Regional Prevention Training and Technical Assistance Manager|
OMNI Regional Prevention Training and Technical Assistance(TA) Manager/ TA Manager
OMNI Institute is conducting a job search for a part-time Regional Prevention Training and Technical Assistance Consultant/TA manager I to join our staff and support our mission to contribute to a broader understanding of social issues, help improve the effectiveness of social programs and strategies, strengthen the larger nonprofit and public service infrastructures, and guide the adoption of more effective state and federal social policies through the provision of high-quality, client-centered social science research and evaluation, technical assistance and training services.
- Full-time (40 hour/week) Regional Prevention Training and Technical Assistance Consultant responsible for planning and implementing community-based capacity building through coaching, technical assistance and training on substance abuse prevention and other prevention disciplines in multiple counties in the western slope region of Colorado. Future potential for full-time position.
- Consultant must currently reside outside of the Front Range area, preferably in a rural county west of the Denver metro area. This position will need to travel to various communities, organizations, coalitions, schools, and community groups located in their designated counties on a monthly or every other month basis (approximately 15-20% travel) as well as travel to Denver area, and other locations in the state on a limited basis.
- This position is currently dependent on grant funding that is set to end June 30th of 2020.
- Establish, track, document, implement, manage, and evaluate technical assistance and training services within designated communities.
- Facilitate prevention planning and coordination among coalitions, service providers, schools, communities, state agencies, and funders.
- Design technical assistance and training plans to assist constituents in building prevention and evaluation infrastructure responsive to state, regional, and local needs. This includes meeting communities where they are at and customizing services to match readiness and capacity levels.
- Help design new trainings for in-person and online formats to help the project in assisting constituents in building prevention infrastructure responsive to state, regional, and local needs.
- Coordinate regional prevention activities, resources, communication, and training, including Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST), Prevention Ethics training and other prevention trainings.
- Provide coaching assistance to help service recipients integrate prevention research and practice.
- Develop tools to support prevention activities, such as PowerPoint presentations, manuals, reports, trainings, and other products.
- Develop and deliver prevention presentations to organizations and communities related to coalition building; community mobilization and development; organizational development (inclusive of learning organization theory); evidence-based prevention strategies, programs and practices; evaluation design, and other prevention topics.
- Provide technical assistance on topics such as community needs assessments, coalition and organizational development, community mobilization, and logic models to service providers to increase their prevention service delivery capacity.
- Report progress and represent regional and local success and challenges to state agencies and clients.
- Participate in project team and OMNI team meetings, as well as meetings, trainings, and work groups which support the project.
- Work in collaboration with OMNI staff to support ongoing needs and resource assessments among communities and service providers who are engaged in prevention services.
- Translate prevention capacity infrastructure needs and accomplishments between state and local levels, and document regional and local prevention infrastructure enhancements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in prevention, health promotion, health education, community organization, or communications, plus 5 years of professional experience in related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience and strong familiarity with prevention philosophies, resources, trends, and evidence-based practices.
- Community organizing skills and the ability to apply community development strategies to local and regional groups.
- Familiarity with basic evaluation concepts.
- Strong technical assistance and training skills, including cultural competency, understanding of adult learning styles, and the ability to adapt interventions to meet the needs of different communities and learning styles.
- Strong facilitation skills with experience facilitating needs assessment processes, multi-agency strategic planning processes and organizational development processes are preferred.
- Strong training provision and development skills, including cultural competency, understanding of adult learning styles, and the ability to adapt interventions to meet the needs of different communities and learning styles.
- Ability to teach others best practices of current research-based substance abuse prevention.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, group facilitation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to self-initiate job activities.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and the internet.
- Professional writing requirements, including technical assistance reports and internal documentation.
- Colorado Certified Prevention Specialist II Preferred.
OMNI benefits include a comprehensive healthcare package, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan with an employer match, employee wellness program and a dynamic and progressive working environment. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
OMNI is an applied social science research and training/technical assistance company located in Denver, Colorado that has been providing clients with technically sound social research, training and evaluation services since 1976. OMNI’s client base includes governmental agencies, non-profit organizations, and private foundations. OMNI’s experience in research and technical assistance cuts across many fields including community development, youth development, juvenile justice, prevention and treatment of substance abuse, violence prevention, health, and occupational development. Visit us at www.omni.org. OMNI promotes a diverse work environment and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply.