|Title:||Chief Operating Officer|
OMNI seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO) with a proven record of applying strong business practices to significantly enhance the operations, impact, and sustainability of mission-driven organizations. The COO role is a key member of the Executive Management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with oversight of Finance, HR, and IT (vendor), and providing 'servant leadership' to multiple Directors across our three content areas. This is a position for someone seeking opportunity to play a leading role in shaping and implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures that support company innovation, performance and growth while sustaining a positive work culture. You must demonstrate our core company values, and have a passion for applying your skills to support the advancement of positive social change.
- Partner with the CEO in translating and executing on the company vision.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of Finance and HR; and manage vendors (e.g., IT)
- Support the work of directors and their work divisions through design, implementation, documentation, and management of systems and processes that:
- Streamline business development efforts,
- Improve work flow and communications,
- Support best practices across content and service areas, and
- Enable ongoing monitoring of staffing needs.
- Serve as 'integrator' across major company functions; identify and remove barriers to enhance productivity.
- Establish and monitor key business performance metrics for the company; identify and lead implementation of strategies and tactics to support achievement of business objectives.
- Develop and support implementation of a system, processes and tools that support employee performance monitoring and growth, in alignment with core company values and job responsibilities.
- Lead companylevel or complex contracting and vendor negotiation processes.
- A Masters in business or operations related field
- Proven experience as a COO or relevant role
- Solid understanding of all core business functions, including Finance, HR, IT, and Communications/Marketing
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Highly proficient in MS Office and relevant business software (i.e., Quickbooks)
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with non-profit finance and accounting regulations
- Experience with fee-for-service, consulting organizations
- Experience with company IS/IT and related privacy and security considerations
- Basic understanding of our service areas (applied research and evaluation; training and technical assistance; technology solutions).
OMNI promotes a diverse work environment and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply.